Thank you all for all your sweet birthday wishes! What a year 26 has been. 26 was definitely a year of personal growth for me, filled with many different seasons, emotions, and changes, and for all of them I am so grateful.
As a reflect back on the past year I find myself feeling fortunate for this blog and the community of supportive and wonderful women that we have started to build together. I hope this continues to grow to be a space of positivity, acceptance, inspiration, and encouragement over the next year.
With that in mind, I’ve noticed some new faces around here and thought the beginning of my 27th year would be the perfect time to open up and share more. I took to my Instagram stories the other night to ask what y’all wanted to see. Either 27 facts about me or 27 goals for 27. The results were close, but y’all wanted to see 27 goals for 27. I love that and love when other people share their goals so I can cheer them out when they reach them!
So here we go…into my life 27th year of life, I can’t wait to see what it has in store!
- Grow my blog and have it to be a place of acceptance, inspiration, and encouragement that women can come to consistently!
- Get married to the love of my life! (October 5, 2019)
- Continue to deepen my faith and lean into His word, each and every day, through all seasons of life.
- Focus my energy on positive things and repel the negative thoughts that won’t serve me.
- Serve at church.
- Work with a brand I love!
- Buy a house with Travis.
- Make that house a home!
- Spend more time enjoying the moment and being present instead of looking towards the future and things I cannot see.
- Spend more quality time with my family – soon we will all be off and living apart.
- Meet blogging friends in real life!
- Read more books for enjoyment! My goal this year is 5. Start small right? On #1 currently, so safe to say I’m off to a good start.
- Focus on my health and get back to feel 99% free of Lyme symptoms most days.
- Take my mom on a girl’s trip! My treat!
- Travel to Europe for the first time ever!
- Finally, live in the same state as Travis.
- Plan monthly or bi-monthly girls nights with my BFFs. We all live in different areas and I miss them so much!
- Spend more time with my Grammy! She’s getting older and I want to soak up all the time I can with her.
- Start a bible study with other women where we can encourage and lean on one another.
- Switch over household cleaning products for safer, cleaner, ones.
- Join a small group at church.
- Continue to invest in myself and my blog! What you put in is what you’ll get out!
- Spend daily quiet time with my bible. Whether it’s 5 minutes or 30.
- Say no more. This means not feeling obligated to do anything someone asks aka better prioritizing my goals and my time.
- Have a photo from our wedding featured on a wedding website or print magazine.
- Get a puppy.
- Learn to let go more. Less control = more happiness.
Here’s to 27!