As a country, everything feels a little uncertain right now. As we’re spending more time indoors with social distancing, our routines are a little out of whack. With the disruption of routine, we can miss our regular workouts. Whether you attend a gym or fitness studio, many of us are in a routine of weekly classes with favorite instructors, time slots, and the endorphins a good workout brings.
As we move throughout our new temporary routines, it’s so important to remember to take the time for your health and well being. In the midst of all the craziness, find time to center yourself, focusing on your body for 30-50 minutes. Whether it’s a walk to break up your workday or an hour-long live-streamed class with a friend, find a way to do it for you! You’ll feel so much better that you did.
Here are some of my favorite online fitness resources for at-home workouts and where to find them:
- Pure Barre Go – You all know Pure Barre is my go-to workout! When I can’t make it in the studio or am away on vacation I always use Pure Barre Go as a resource. They have a variety of class times, lengths, and focuses. During the next few weeks, they are offering Free Live Classes on their Facebook page. Get ready to shake and feel your muscles burn like never before. It’s also a great time to try it if you’ve ever wondered what the vibe of an in-studio class is like!
- Tone It Up – Tone It Up is another one of my favorites for workouts! They have an extensive library of workouts varying from HIIT workouts, kettlebell workouts, abs, arms, booty, and everything in between!
- One Peloton App – Another favorite!, and a common misconception that you need the Peloton bike or tread to use their streaming service. You can subscribe to Pelotons’ on-demand platform for $12.99 a month and use it on your own equipment. They have treadmill workouts you can complete with any tread you have, outdoor guided runs, floor exercises, stretches and more. Right now, they are giving away 90-day free trials given the current climate. Download the app and jump on in!
- Yoga with Adrienne – One thing I don’t do enough of is Yoga. When I do get the chance to Yoga with Adrienne on Youtube is my go-to. She offers class times at all different lengths and you can choose to focus on areas that you need to work or restore, or just whatever flow you’re feeling that day.
- Cristina Capron – These workouts are a killer. Cristina Capron provides you with at-home workouts on her Instagram and if you have the equipment you can modify some of her gym-based workouts.
I hope this helps! At-home workouts are not only great for when you have to stay home but also nice to reference when you’re in a workout slump, traveling, pressed for time, or on-the-go.
What are your favorite at-home workouts? I’d love to know so we can share amongst ourselves and try out new things!